Boveda One-Step Calibration Kit for hygrometers
Boveda's two-way humidity control technology - as used in the One-Step Calibration Kit - is based on scientific principles (Raoult's Law and Henry's Law) that have been known for well over 100 years. One of those principles is that a saturated solution of salt in water will maintain a constant leve of relative humidity inside an enclosed chamber. This immutable law is the foundation of Boveda. This principle is widely used and accepted by chemists and lab professionals to determine the accuracy of any hygrometer, whether digital or analog. This is why Boveda should be used to establish the correct level of humidity inside your container, package or humidor, or to check the accuracy of your hygrometer.
- Place your hygrometer in the Boveda zip-bag and close it.
- Leave the Boveda zip-bag closed for 24 hours.
- Meke sure the room temperature ist between 19 to 24 degrees Celsius.
- After 24 hours, the hygrometer should show +/- 0.3% deviation from the 75% indication on the Boveda zip-bag.
- If the deviation is more or less add up and subtract the value from the hygrometer display.
- The result is the effective moisture in your humidor.